A Visual Synthesizer
Abyss is a visual synthesiser with character and a bit of fairy dust. It brings to you dark, vibrating drones, vivid cinematic pads and rich evolving textures. With Abyss you find instant inspiration for your music and sound design projects.
Tone Colour Gradient
Its variation that makes sounds interesting. By placing tone-colours on the gradient you create a palette of timbral variation that becomes the base of your patch. Whether you mainly used presets or you are a seasoned sound designer, with Abyss you simply follow your intuition to create your own signature sound.
Abyss Design Team
Abyss synth is created by Peter V – mathematician by education, musician by heart. He believes you can find music in everything and that drawing inspiration from visual art can only benefit composition and sound design.
Peter is a veteran in artificial intelligence and founded his first startup already two decades ago. The recent progress in this field made him believe that there is a vast opportunity in applying machine learning to sound design. After quitting his dayjob it took almost two years of research and dozens of prototypes to develop the innovative sound engine and user interface of Abyss.
He aspires to create a new generation of tools that are inspiring and joyful to use and uncover interesting new sonic possibilities.
- Unique and inspiring workflow based on sound colours.
- More than 2000 sound colours as building blocks for patches.
- Unique “sound surfing” for selecting sound colours.
- Each sound colour can be modified with spectral processing.
- Noise parameter adds “musical noise” – specifically based on and tuned to the selected sound colour.
- Virtual analog filter with resonance.
- Four sound effects: Shimmer, Delay, Reverb and Phaser.
- Optional brick wall limiter.
- Arbitrary modulation with 13 sources and 23 destinations.
- 2 ADSRs, 3 LFOs.
- LFO supports free drawing of curve.
- Two of the LFOs can be used as step sequencer.
- Unique “stereo” modifier that allows to skew most parameters differently for left and right channel.
- Modulation parameters can be modulated themselves (eg LFO-speed).
- Easy pitch snap function to stay within scale.
- MPE support.
- Scalable, responsive UI.
- More than 130 carefully crafted patches.
macOS 10.11 or Later
AU / VST3
Watch our training tutorials:
Try Abyss for Free or buy from Tracktion Marketplace and start creating your own signature sound with ease!